Our Mission & Vision
The mission of First Baptist Church is first and foremost to love God, to love others and to purposely seek to magnify the name of the Lord Jesus Christ in all we do. To that end, we take seriously the adoption of the following slogan: Praying Believers – Growing in Christ – Sharing His love. Our unyielding vision as a church is to glorify our God and Savior, Jesus Christ, through obedience to His Word and His call on our lives. This involves the following:
- The making of true disciples, both locally and throughout all the nations by means of missionary activity and support.
- The administration of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper The edification of believers by faithfully teaching His inspired and revealed Word.
- To do all that is sovereignly possible and Biblically conducive to magnifying the most blessed name of Jesus.
- Christ is the head of the church We believe in one God, the creator, who manifests himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that Jesus Christ (the Son), being divine in nature, is the head of the Church, Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 4:4.
- All scripture is inspired by God We believe that all scripture is inspired by God and penned by man, as led by the Holy Spirit. It is active and relevant in our lives today and without error, 2 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 4:12.
- All believers have access to God We believe that the Holy Spirit dwells within every believer as they accept Jesus Christ as their personal savior. The Holy Spirit (God’s presence within the believer) comforts, guides, and convicts the believer in their daily journey. Prayer is the essential vehicle by which we commune with God. Through prayer, the believer communicates with God and gains understanding of God’s will for their life, Ephesians 6:18; Acts 2:38.
- Evangelism and Outreach It is the responsibility of every believer to share God’s love and His plan of salvation with a local and global concern for all people. We strive to use creative methods to more effectively connect with our immediate community while financially supporting global mission efforts, Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8.
- Community We believe the church is the center for relationship enrichment with God, church, families and neighbors. We respect and love all people as God loves all people, His greatest creation, Hebrews 10:25; John 13:34-35.
- Discipleship We hold discipleship to be the ongoing, lifelong preparation of believers to grow more Christ-like. Discipleship enables us to do God’s work and strengthen us to avoid snares that Satan puts in our path and overcome personal challenges and weaknesses. We train our members to be good stewards of our resources. We encourage discovery and building up of spiritual gifts, I Corinthians 12:4-11.
- Servanthood We believe that Christians should be servants, as Jesus himself demonstrated. Servanthood should express itself actively, and this is called ministry. God places a call on all Christians to use their gifts and abilities to minister to others, Matthew 20:25-26; Romans 12:1; Ephesians 2:4-7.
- Worship We strengthen our connection to God through worship; both corporate and individually. It is the joy of Christians to offer their worship on a daily basis, and to participate together as a church body regularly.
Our affiliation is with the Southern Baptist Convention and we follow as a general rule the Baptist Faith and Message for core beliefs.
What we believe:
Please download our full doctrinal statement.